Here's my set up for Interactive Brokers. I really like this setup because getting in and out is really easy with the "Hot Keys" I've set up. I have numbered each section and will write below a description. If you find this helpful don't forget to give a Karma and a follow. I will continue to post what I am learning.
1) Chart - Pretty self explanatory. Chart has options to set parameters and to draw trend lines. Also has option to "TAB" the chart so yo can have tabs with varying time frames.
2) Watch list - The watchlist is also has tabs for multiple watch lists, portfolio(shows funds and p/l for the day), and orders.
3) Quote Panel - This is my favorite part of the set up. Here you have the running scale of how your position is doing. Also you can see my "Hot Buttons" there for buying and selling specific sizes and closing the position. These help avoid when a stock spikes and you need to get out in a hurry. Yes these are limit orders. They are set to "BUY" the "ASK" and "SELL" the "BID. The "Deep Book Buttons" are for selecting what you ecn's you see in the level 2.
4)Shows Orders, Trades made and profits that have been captured. This usually populates after the trade.
5) Level 2- Shows pending orders and how they are routed.
6) Order Window - This is where I place my limit orders, usually as I'm in a stock I'm constantly updating the price for an orderly exit. A great feature also of this window is the button that let's you know if a stock is shortable. It's usually green if there are shares to short, and if you place your mouse over it it will tell you how many shares are available.
Interactive Brokers a a great broker. They have low fees and super fast executions, which is why I use my hot buttons. My orders are usually executed immediately. If yo have any questions feel free to ask. Please follow me if you found this helpful. Thanks.