Its sure been a while. Have been moving from Cleveland OH to Indianapolis IN for my wife health care. Was able to get a trade in when I saw an ideal patter I like.
Let focus on that and my thought process on why I entered.
My favorite trade pattern so far is multiday breakouts. Especially when its breaking its 52wk highs. $CLVS was a multiday b/o I was anticipating. Why do I anticipate the b/o on this trade, well I believe it will put me in a better risk/reward position. Entering on the dip from the morning spike. This ticker has been in a play since the previous week so its been on my watch. News catalyst, morning spike, pull back towards VWAP. My entry was okay, I didn't give it enough space to work, kept the risk tight, which I learn later how to mitigate to help stay more patient. But it when it started setting lower lows. Which eventually bounce at 5.90 zone to breakout later. Hindsight makes it easy to say shoulda woulda.
$ADT was my next breakout play, it was a ER. Much larger float so I wanted to swing it. I bought it later in the day since it was consolidating nicely above 8.25 zone. It had a analysis upgrade to $9 so I wanted to see if it was possible to get there. After 2 days of holding it, I sold when it broke below 8.25. It eventually did get to $9's but wasn't there and don't care. Not ideal trade due to the float size.
$AVEO was a great multiday b/o at .66. All day it consolidated until late day it had a volume boost, I filled a position when it broke the .66 zone. I sold when I felt it was struggle to continue at .69. Glad to have been prepared and ready to pull the trigger when it happened. It actually pulled back towards the b/o and held it before spiking further. Thats a good re-entry point when it holds the breakout support. This ticker is definitely not a O/N hold position due to its ugly daily chart. Only intraday play.
$SSI was another amazing multiday breakout, no news really to push this play, but I bought on the pull back down towards VWAP after it broke out in the morning. Risking the low of the consolidation zone. I learn to stay patient in this dip buy breakout plays, I must come in initial size, to get my skin in the game. And react to the data it gives me. Initially I entered thinking $3 was a solid support, but when it failed down closer to VWAP, I added more size. Good understanding on B/O helped me trade it with more patient. It takes time for it to build up. I sold when it consolidated new HOD. It eventually went higher than I espected. I thought $3.50 would have been a struggle, but I guess 52week b/o takes a ticker into blue sky territory, so anything is possible.
The remaining other trade I took, the lesson on all of them is "When it doesn't do as plan, you exit" Really happy on how discipline I was on my trading plan. Key is to have it planned out before entering any trade. Review all my trades for more details