Now that I'm a bit settled in from my move (and inspired by my new mountain views), I've made the time to make some much needed code changes to my research delivery program. For those of you who don't know, I exclusively trade earnings winners, and have an automated delivery system that updates a few times throughout the day, bringing me the stocks that are up based on recent earnings announcements. This is great for people who are busy with work, school, or other day time obligations, and ideal for long biased swing traders. I've been using this program as my sole means of research, and as a result, haven't made a nightly watchlist in over a year. I just check my blog, which is updated automatically, and pick the stocks that fit my favorite chart setups.
This has been working great, but there were still some annoyances with the app that I needed to remedy. I would routinely sift through dozens of stocks, just to narrow it down to 3-4 potential plays. Frankly, this was taking up too much of my time, and I wanted the program to provide me with only the best symbols to choose from. As a result (aside from other technical code changes), I've updated the program to only consider stocks that have announced earnings-related news within the last few weeks or so, and have ironed out what it will consider as "earnings-related news". This will make it a lot easier to quickly find the best plays, so I can get back to the things I need to take care of during the day.
The new code changes are live today, so please check them out and leave any feedback in the comments.