Yesterday, this stock had a nice multi-month b/o on a preliminary earnings PR w/ strong vol. I put it on my watchlist for a continuation b/o. Right at the open today, it made a new multi-month high on strong vol. Right as it b/o, the stock squeezed up to the 5.4s because 40% of the shares are short. I didn't want to chase it so I waited for the b/o confirmation dip entry. It came down nicely to within my range at 5.3, off the b/o level of 5.27. Some support formed, but it didn't last for long.
This stock popped up on my scanner a few days ago because it was spiking big on an earnings release. Today it was uptrending very nicely, right up to the b/o level that I had in my trading plan. I originally wanted to get in at the b/o of 5.12, but after revision, I figured the $5 b/o was a better entry place. It slowly started to uptrend on relatively strong volume. I wanted it to go higher, but the b/o was soo slow and quite choppy that I reduced my target and was able to get out w/ profit.
Since this stock spiked early this morning, I was thinking that if it broke its mid-day highs, it could test its b/o level again. I was watching the level 2. There was a massive seller (250k) flashing shares at the 0.09 level, where the stock was held all mid-day. I had the idea that I wanted to be the buyer to crack the level. I figured that his size was all gone as many shares executed on the ask, so I bought. I guess he had hidden size because he just kept dumping tons of shares at that level
I bought this stock that was spiking big in reaction to earnings. It's in the hot CBD sector and is a former runner. I bought the monthly b/o on strong volume, but it just couldn't get to my target level. It hit resistance hard right at the monthly high. It's been coming down off a recent huge spike a month and a half ago, so there were lots of bag holders in the stock. Cut loses quickly.
This stock was classic earnings winner. The news was released this morning, and we had a beautiful morning spike. I tried getting in at the dip, but it didn't get quite down low enough for me. I saw it uptrending and all I could hear in my head is how Sykes says that you want to buy after there is some spiking in the bounce because it shows you that there is actually a bounce going on. I blew the entry and got it right underneath the resistance formed from the morning spike.
This stock has had earnings a few days ago and has been uptrending slightly ever since. Today it had a multi-day b/o on strong volume, but it just couldn't spike as much as I wanted. I originally wanted to buy to right as it was breaking $3, but a massive buyer spiked the stock way too fast. I didn't chase though. I waited for the dip and got a nice entry on the next minute candle. I was thinking it could b/o to higher highs given the strong volume and the recent earnings catalyst.
I did well on being selective with this stock. Today, the markets were all up around 1%, the stock was doing a multi-year b/o on strong volume (passed a full-dollar level). It's a former supernova and a current earnings winner that has proven itself. It was a great setup overall. One thing that I did differently this trade is that once I saw the price was hanging above the 2.94 level for quite a while, I raised my risk level from in the 2.8s to the 2.94 crack. This made me more comfortable.