FlintLD

11/23/16 I was on the road traveling for the holidays so I missed the open. It keeps dipping then ramping up or holding the 13 ema on the 1 month. Still, I want to enjoy the day with my brothers and do some boldering and rock climbing. I closed the position for a ~$100 loss. It ramped up again in the afternoon, could have not had a loss but that’s trading. I don’t regret it. 11/25/16 SPHS keeps holding the 13 ema so I want to rebuy at or below 2.8. I was executed at ~2.8 for 2600 shares, my previous position. Its still holding the over pattern I want to trade and it’s a Friday with short squeeze potential. Again shit volume through the day but holding over the weekend. 11/28/16 Broke the 13ema, mmmm yeah not what I want it to do….however its because the over all market is having a red day. Total red day but its recovering with the markets through the day. I bought 1000 more shares at 2.74ish for a recovery (remember it keeps recovering in the afternoons). It closed lower then my buy and then immediately went up to 2.9 aftermarket. YES that’s the kind of action that confirms my theory for the buy. Im setting my limit order at 3.2. Not high, not low but just high enough to be a realistic gain. Annnnd it filled midday!!! Congratulations Ryan you got executed at the day high. Now you can have an amazing week. Super proud of how i executed my plan on this trade, from the money management, my exits and reentry's, over all hypothesis and patience. My loss cutting. I have to say thanks to @timothysykes and @kunal00 for teaching me how to use their watch lists and create my own for the kind of setups that i trade best. +$1500 day, thanks guys!!! Best teachers

Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I identified a few tickers that I might be interested in trading last night. I also looked through Tims watchlist. Nothing on it quite fit the pattern of stocks that ive been successful with trading. I wanted to watch SPHS, TAT, ARRY, and ABEO for possible swing trades or a quick pop if that’s what they decide to do. I woke up this morning and took a look at pre-market movement on each of the tickers. Ive learned that if im in a trade and the premarket is dry its probably not going to do much or go down. Soo with that in mind I cut my list in half, ignoring ABEO and TAT since both had dry volume. Id look to trade ARRY at around 7.15 for a dip buy but it MUST hold 7.23 and especially the 7 level. 7.23 and 7 are my two sell points if I buy above 7. SPHS needs to hold the 13ema on a 1month chart. 1.75 is my sell level. Id like to buy it at or below 1.83 (the previous days high). I bought 1000 shares at ~2.82 another 1200 at 2.8 (because I seem to be able to manage $6000 trades fairly well. As it dropped below 2.8 I picked up 400 more shares. I was at my computer watching the trade all day. When a trade is moving slowly around my purchase price I need to do this. It slowly moved up along side the primary markets SPY, S&P etc all day ending with a visable uptrend but just a slight green day. Still it is a possible indication of future green uptrend. I plan to hold it over the weekend for news and to see what pre-market movement looks like. I set a sell at 3.23. It probably wont get this high pre-market but it COULD. If volume is low on Monday I will adjust my sell accordingly to get out. It went up to a aftermarket high of 2.95 which is a good sign. News is also positive, nothing substantial but positive.

Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I added roughly 300 shares to my CLRB position. The chart is holding the 13ema and 50sma on a month chart which is what ive been basing this trade off of. Its making slightly higher lows along the uptrending 13ema. As long as it keeps moving higher I’ll hold. Its also announced two press releases that the company will be speaking at two conferences with investors present next week. The chart has SHIT for liquidity and volume right now which is KILLING me. It needs a solid 800k shares to trade. My risk is totally crap. Id be sitting I'm a much better position if i had managed risk better along my indicators to begin with. Its a lesson for me. It really needs to break and hold 3.03.

Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I’m still holding my position. Like ive said so far its been a stressful trade. I should have sold at the 3.03 level but ive been holding because the cahrt hasn’t closed below the 13ems or 50sma on a 1 month chart. I see this as potential consolidation leading into a possible move higher to 3.5-4. Today the 13ema and 50sma were converging and the chart used the convergence point as a base slowly rising above multiday highs of 2.9. This is the first green day which shows potential trend change. It’s a Friday, there could be news over the weekend but nothing to hint at possible news. The volume was weak which is going against me. Immediately after close (2.87) the price shot to 3 level (aftermarket). This is positive if it can hold. The previous major increase was from a close at 3.03. Its possible to see this again.

JamieRod
JamieRod Sep 16, 16 4:15 PM

wow you're still holding....! hope it works!

Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I bought CLRB early premarket at 3.16. It had a premarket spike to 3.45-3.5 levels. Pre-market volume was over 50,000 with average 10 day volume at 550k. The pre-market trend was down going into the open. Should have waited to buy closer to market open to look at premarket price trend. It opened and did null around 3.03 levels. Support levels are at 3.03 and 2.82. It broke 3.03 and fell to 2.82 before rebounding a bit (10:38am). I bought on the 5 day chart and 1 month chart up-trending green. There has not been a really big green candle move. If it closes today slightly red that’s ok, I consider it consolidation for a larger move but I CANNOT break 2.83. There is a pretty clear resistance level at 3.20. There are higher lows on a five day chart. It is above the 13ema on a 1 and 3 month chart. It slowly moved up towards three throughout the day closing at 2.99 at the bell. It fits my trade pattern for a multiday breakout towards 4. I’m looking to sell at premarket highs or 3.45. We’ll see what it does in the morning. I’m frustrated with myself and this trade. I feel like ive done more wrong then right. I haven’t broken my rules on this but there are a few things that could have drastically improved my position and risk level. -I was in WAY TOO EARLY Pre-Market. (i need to have less patience) -I should have been quicker to cut the trade when it wasn't moving out of the opening bell and sitting at 3.03 (support).

Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I’ve been watching $EKSO all week. Like I said in a previous post I would have liked a quick spike. However it is following my preferred trade pattern and consolidating with a upward trend. Higher highs and higher lows. It’s a Friday and it closed green making a higher close. This is what I want so I am holding my position.

Received 2 Karmas
Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

Purchased a small position in $EKSO. Its had a chart change and positive buying pressure and positive news releases with units being FDA approved. It is showing a step up pattern of spiking up followed by side action slowly fading but overall holding its gain. It has done this for two days breaking over some resistance levels. The next level is 1.1 however it has also shown quick spikes in the past to the 1.2 region. Best case I sell at 1.2ish, good case 1.1, if it is showing no movement I will reduce or completely get out of the position for breakeven or small loss.

Received 2 Karmas
Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

$VVUS did exactly has i expected, continuing its increase to 1.75 then to 1.85. Had i had a small position or not sold my previous position i could have profited another 2,000. However, not being in it i was able to not worry about walking away from a open trade and having it go against me. I can use this as confirmation of my hypothesis. 1.85 is where i would take full if not partial profit and walkaway without a second thought. I still think it may have another 20-40 cents of upside since it has not gapped up. Im happy to sit on the sidelines until i have the time to trade.

Received 2 Karmas
Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I checked into $VVUS today at lunch to see the price action. It rose another 3%. This is perfect action in my mind since the next support is fairly high (1.75-2.00 level). There has been no spike/gap up. This is where I would look to take a small position, however, following my rules I will not buy if I cannot watch the stock. If my mind is not engaged in trading I am walking into failure. I could perhaps paper trade it.

Received 2 Karmas
Join now or log in to leave a comment
FlintLD

I bought back into $VVUS in the October/November timeframe as it was dropping with the expectation of a rebound. Since I didn’t log it back them I cant be sure, but im fairly certain that I bought it without the ability to monitor the trade. Im sure it began dropping when I was not around to cut losses and I let it continue to drop. I became a bag-holder, the last thing you want to be in ANY stock long or short. March 26th , With the news of a North Tide Capitol purchasing 202,000 shares VVUS began to uptrend from the 1s. I am watching this with the intention of taking a loss as it gets closer to my purchase price worse case, selling for a scratch or taking a small profit. It continues to uptrend and eventually breaks the 13 EMA and shortly after the 50 EMA and 50 SMA. According to my rules this is the place to buy if I were in the position to be buying. Since my focus is getting out of this position I have no intention of buying. I want to watch and see if the chart follows my predictions. March 27th, There is resistance at 1.25 on several time frames (1, 3, 6 month chart), if it can break above 1.25 it should increase more. March 30th, It broke 1.25, great sign for a breakout. March 31st, It increased to the next support level (1.4ish). I anticipate a further increase since the rise is still gradual. This is exactly what I want. I don’t want a gap up or quick rise until it gets closer to my purchase price. A spike in my mind will be anything over 25 cents. It finished low, bad sign, but it is holding above my EMA levels which is according to my rules and a positive sign. April 1st, I should have dedicated my day to trading or at least watching my position closer…I went on a date and missed an opportunity to sell my position for scratch. However, it is following my EMA rules perfectly and uptrending slowly. This is what I want, so instead of selling for a small loss or breakeven later in the day I choose to hold over the weekend. It closed well. April 4th, NOW is when I want that gap up and spike that has been building. However, it opened with low volume. I switch my chart frequency between 5 and 1 minute to get a better view of the health of the chart. I am constantly asking myself (what is the chart trying to tell me!), because of the low but gradual volume I am thinking it will continue its climb. I however cannot watch my position today. Ideally I would like to sell my 1.52 position at 1.75, however I need to get out and taking greed out of the equation I believe it has legs as far up today as 1.65 perhaps. I set my sell at 1.63 to anticipate resistance above 1.6. I walk away and do what I need to. My order is filled later in the day at 1.62 and I am happy. Two thoughts that I kept in mind the entire last days: -You are trying to learn not profit, if you profit great but take a small profit and watch the chart to see if it follows your hypothesis. -You know that your weakness is walking away from a position without being able to monitor it. If you cannot watch it you must get out, no matter what potential it has. Use it as a learning experience to confirm future chart action. NEVER WALK AWAY FROM AN OPEN TRADE RYAN!! Excellent exit trade, very poor entry trade (you walked away, and you sized down as it was falling rather then getting out)

Received 2 Karmas
Join now or log in to leave a comment
Page
of 3