Slow burner, steadily going higher all morning on what I thought was contract news (reread it.. just an update?.. contract was yesterday). Thought it might have legs for another 20-30 cents. Goal was 2:05-2.10, risk was 1.80. Had to go to work, got here and when I was finally able to check, was well below my risk levels, but was rallying in the mid 70s. Decided to follow original plan to see if golden hour could deliver, it didn't, got out 10 cents below plan.
Morning spiker on cancer news, but just an agreement. Waited for pullback/consolidation, held 2.40 for 5-10 minutes? looked to be ramping, bought in at 2.39. Immediately collapsed to hold @2.20, again, ramping, averaged down @ 2.21. Teased 2.30, huge walls of sellers. Finally broke down below 2.17 (risk) and decided to give it one more try, couldn't do it, got out 7 cents below plan @2.10. Stubborn me.
Entry comments: Bitcoin hit new highs over the weekend, BTCS usually follows. Wanted to get in < .145, looking for .16 today as bitcoin holds during the day. Not looking too great, maybe the pattern is playing out, but I'm holding this all day, possibly overnight if bitcoin holds over $6k today.
Exit comments: Very frustrating trade. The trade was essentially a sympathy play on the price of bitcoin to BTCS, which was the only stock that seemed volatile enough to follow. BTC is up to 6300, about to break to a new high, and this isn't budging; going the wrong direction. Waited in the morning to see how it would perform, finally got out when the price action was going nowhere. Biggish loss on a big position, worth the shot in my mind, but back to the drawing board.
Entry: contract winner premarket spiker, looking to move in the morning. Wanted to get in around .95 and get out around resistance of 1.04 for about 10% gain, risking .85. Quickly fell to risk, looked to be bottoming out, averaged down. COuldn't do much after, tried getting out around 85-87, only partially executed at .84, had to take remainder at .81. 10% gain turned in 9% loss, but not feeling too bad. Should have stuck to .85 out plan.
My favorite catalyst: cancer news. There was a quick spike and then rapid drop, stock halted. Sputtered on the restart, thought I was getting in on the low side @12.91, but was off by about 50 cents. Stuck with my hypothesis that cancer = good catalyst, watched it climb. Took a shower with limit sell of $14, got out and found it had hit 13.80+ (boo), decided to get out around 13.30 where it was settling in with fading volume.
Entry comments: Decided to go for a slow burner. This dropped from open to about 2.35 and steady climbed from there. Small gains, but news gainer in pre-market. Risk here is day's low of 2.35 from 2.45 (not the perfect entry point) with a goal of 2.50+.
Exit comments: Decided to get out when it fell below 2.40 and couldn't regain.. it was holding 2.40 support for quite awhile, then started teasing in the 2.35-2.36 area, not worth the risk. Taking my small losses and I think it's time to study more.
Entry comments: Another experimental trade. Noticed (along with everyone else, I suppose), BTCS has some decent swings during the day that follows BTC by about 30 minutes+. BTC fell decently over the weekend, am buying the daily dip on the basis that BTC will threaten $6k again this week. Last time it touched $6k BTCS hit .17. Goal is .165, risk about .15. Speculative trade, just to see if this daily drop/gain pattern holds
Exit comments: Bitcoin took a dump overnight from a high of 6100+ yesterday to 5600 this morning, this was gonna drop, got out ASAP. Hard as hell to get out of, had to adjust my ask several times before I finally got out. Speculative, $15 loss, I'm actually not feeling bad about this one because I knew it was a gamble to begin with and wanted to see if I could figure out this BTCS style play.
OOOF, I totally botched my risk on this one. Was watching as a morning spiker, was trusting STT's oracle Resistance level of .79, wanted to buy in if it broke through, got in at .81. Incorrectly assessed my risk at .65, which at 15 cents doesn't seem bad until you realize how much of a percentage that is on a sub $1 stock, but was thinking if it could crack 90 it could then crack $1 for 30 cents (2:1). Should have put my risk around .75 to give me a more managable 3 or 4:1.
Entry comments: Dammit, I think i bought the top while writing this up. LOL. Anyway, later afternoon gainer on news (AI + ICO play). Aiming to hold overnight into the morning. Risk is $4, Goal is $5, about 4:1.I'm not liking this trade, but stuck with 100 shares this time because it's speculative (for me).
Exit comments: Wow, great exit at $1/share, faaaaaaaaaaast mover! More than exceeded my goals. Honestly, I put a limit sell at $5.20 just so I could record my trade just in case, and man oh man did it hit and execute. Stick with the plan. Cut losses. Don't get too greedy!